8.04.2009

OSHEAGA!!!

So I just spent the weekend at the Osheaga music festival with 3 of my friends, it was a great time :D
First day we saw we stayed at one stage and saw...
-NLF3
-La Roux
-K'naan
-The Stills
-Lykke Li
-Girl Talk
-Woodhands

Second day we skipped some shows to do some Montreal shopping [H&M, Simons and Urban Outfitters, 3 VERY great stores we DO NOT have in Ottawa] but we saw...
-The Ting Tings
-Vampire Weekend
-Cursive
-Arctic Monkeys
-Crystal Castles

Heres some pics taken by my friend:


La Roux, I hadn't really known about them before hand but they were GREAT! Amazing hair.


K'naan, didn't really know him either, good show as well though.


Lykke Li, definetly my favourite performer of the whole thing, she was fantastic in every way, we were about 2nd row for this one.

My friend was on stage for Girl Talk, she got his sweater :P


Us in the crowd haha, second time being front row at Girl Talk.




The Ting Tings! Opened with We Walk haha, yess! I was surprised at how many songs I knew, pretty short set.

Vampire Weekend was amazing! Though they were without violins theyw ere still so cheery, god I love them. The drummer was making epic faces the whole time.


After some food and chilling at Cursive we go to Arctic Monkeys, and before they start we get a major down pour, it was ridiculous. So many umbrellas haha, but right when they started the rain stopped for the rest of the night :D



So now we head over to another stage for Crystal Castles, and after all that rain its complete mud. There were people bathed in it.



Rolled up my precious newspaper pants as not to get mud on them...



CRYSTAL CASTLES! Alice Glass is like a friggin marionette, she never blinked I swear. Now, they started when they set was supposed to END because of transportation difficulties and missing gear and what not. They were still insane though, Alice Glass is really amazing to watch I was like hypnotized haha, wish it could ahve been a full show :(


Overall it was an amazing time! The crowds were a lot more itno compared to Blues Fest and the music was more my taste, so many amazing times :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails