11.26.2009

Music of 2009 [Albums 10-6]

So continueing the countdown to my fave album of this year heres 5 more fabulous albums of 2009. Love them all as always haha

10. "Guns Don't Kill People... Lazers Do" by Major Lazer

-Collaboration project between 2 very legit Djs [Diplo & Switch] bringing us some great dancehall/electro stuff. With every track featuring a Jamaican artist this album is very catchy and great for dancing haha. Saw them live back in October but more about that later.


9. "Baby Darling Doll Face Honey" by Band of Skulls

-When I first heard their hit "I Know What I Am" on the radio I was in love, but Im not going to lie I hadn't heard Jack White's new project The Dead Weather yet and I really thought it could be them [it was just how I imagined] only to discover this great band. I love their lyrics, very easy to learn and fun to sing along to. Just fun 'jaming out' songs in general.


8. "Tonight: Franz Ferdinand" by Franz Ferdinand

-Forgot this had even come out in 2009 haha. Well with "Ulysses" and "No You Girls" another great album from Franz Ferdinand, always been a favourite of mine and probably always will be.


7. "Miike Snow" by Miike Snow

[Is that a jackalope?]
-You know what sucks? This dude was at Osheaga, but I didnt know a lot about him them. And I wasn't even busy seeing someone else at the time I was SHOPPING. XD But none the less JUST GREAT. Seriously this guys is amazing I love his songs, the sound, the lyrics, his voice. Amazing. "Animal" is a fabulous track[along with its 5 remixes] just so good.


6. "Ready For The Weekend" by Calvin Harris

-Loved Calvin Harris the second I heard "Acceptable in the 80's" on a commercial. Though his new album has more of a house feel in some tracks its always great. The title track "Ready For The Weekend" is the ultimate pump up song for any weekend really haha. Just overall good stuff.

Guess I should do a fashion post soon, or scan some art... Ill do the top 5 tomorrow... Maybe... Supposed to paint some shirts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails