11.24.2009

Music of 2009 [Albums 20-11]

Sorry about all the changes, all new name, all new look[still working on it] and just in time for an all new year.

But lets relive some good times from 2009...
[also known as]

BEST OF 2K9

So for some reasons and what not I was asked to compile a list of my top 20 songs and albums released in 2009... I know theres still one month left, so lets hope nothing amazing is released in this time haha... But here are my top pics...



ALBUMS

20. "Wavvves" by Wavves



-Seems good so far haha, havent really given it an indept listen yet though, but Im diggin' what im hearin'. Very lo-fi, almost no-fi. :O


19. "Album" by Girls

-Some really catchy tunes on this here album. "Lust For Life" is a fab tune. Im diggin' their old skool feel. Reminds me of the beach...?


18. "Bitte Orca" by Dirty Projectors

-Only heard a few tracks form this far, and only started llistening to this band about 2 days ago... Takes a little warming up to, but once its got you, it has you. "Gimme Gimme Gimme" has quickly become a favourite of mine, love how the songs turn on a dime.


17. "LP" by Discovery

-Some sort of brainchild between some guy in Ra Ra Riot and some guy in Vampire Weekend, some really cool and catchy stuff. You can hear the hints of both bands, but with a whole new electro spin :D


16. "Junior" by Röyksopp

-Röyksopp has always been an old favourite of mine, and all of a sudden I kept finding all these new songs by them, only to realise they had released an album this year! With tracks featuring the vocals of that crazy sweed from The Knife and your good old beautiful Röyksopp feel this album is fabulous


15. "See Mystery Lights" by YACHT

-I was hooked to the first few tracks I heard by this band. Really just fun songs and lyrics with good beats. Loving "Psychic City".


14. "It's Blitz!" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

-Front row at Yeah Yeah Yeahs this summer at Bluesfest, I heard msot of these songs live before I got a hold of them. Its Yeah Yeah Yeahs, how can you go wrong with that?


13. "Fantasies" by Metric

-Same deal here, heard most of this album live at Bluesfest the first time through, but from the moment I heard "Help, I'm Alive" on the radio I was hooked. I've always been a fan of Metric and that still holds.


12. "Man on the Moon: The End of Day" by Kid Cudi

-Probably not what you'd expect, but I really love Kid Cudi. This new generation of rap is really getting to me haha. He features and collaborates with artists like Ratatat and MGMT. Just really cool and mello stuff, great beats as well. I would even say his voice is soothing?


11. "Eating Us" by Black Moth Super Rainbow

-Only discovered this band recently, but they're FANTASTIC. The vocals are like nothing I've ever heard and their basslines are amazing, really beautiful stuff.



And we'll leave it at that for now, but Ill be back, with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails