12.23.2009

Avatar

Holy hell

just got back from seeing Avatar and Im going to go as far as to say it was one of the best movies I ever saw.



I mean straight up, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO MAKE THIS THING??? They just made up like so many new species of plants and animals and I cant even begint o consider how much time and effort was put into this.
Heres a little video I found called The Science of Pandora
And accoring to the The Full Interview [VERY Good interview.] they started to talk about this in 2005. Planning took 2 years :|




I LOVED THE SETTING. I couldnt stop freaking out at every little thing the whole movie it was just the coolest thing I had ever seen! Like jesus christ every little detail was amazing I was so entranced and fanscinated the whole time, just completly absorbed into this world that I had been created.



Right off the bat, I had no idea what this thing was about, other than that is was 3D and 3 hours long. But I knew it was a must see.

So I had never seen a movie in 3D, other than a crappy documentary about sea life like 6 years ago so I was very very excited just for the 3D aspect of it, and really it was insane. I kept feeling like I was able to look around things though I knew I couldnt, it didnt take as long to get used to as I thought it would. Kept taking the glasses off to try and see how the magic of 3D worked haha, pretty weird. My friends were all dizzy for some reason, surprised I wasnt. Felt like I was right there was pretty great.


[Side Note: Like how 3D glasses now look like wayfarers, kids like to pop out the lenses and wear em around these days as well]



The whole mix of CG and real life was craziness, was left conflicted what was real and what wasnt. Apparently he waited til "performance capture" was good enough until they even started doing it. Just AMAZING. Wow. Come on technology is just ridiculous these days.







So just the best movie ever wow, you will not be dissapointed theres just too many things to like within it. Go see it now seriously.


Oh yeah, I saw New Moon as well earlier in the day [it was cheap day at the theater]. What a piece of crap, especially after seeing friggin Avatar, good soundtrack though:

-"Slow Life" by Grizzly Bear [mp3]
-"Shooting The Moon" by OK Go [mp3]
-"Rosyln" by Bon Iver & St. Vincent [mp3]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails