12.10.2009

Phoenix with Holy Fuck in Montreal December 6

So Sunday night I was 2 hours away in Montreal at the Phoenix show with 4 friends of mine... heres the crew:


[Me]


[Christine, Erica, Avery, Hannah]

It was held at Montreal's Métropolis, same venue where I saw the Crookers & Major Lazer show so it was good to be back.

Anyways...

So we went, not even having tickets for this sold out show [something I kept a secret], but it was all good! Because they had released 30 more tickets an hour before the doors opened and my pops was the first in line :D And when we got there at 6:30 my parents also decided that they didnt want to see a movie, and that Phoenix was good music, and that they were hip enough to come to the concert too... But they sat at the balcony, being probably the oldest people there in their late 50's...

So anyways, we saved our spots up at the front, with only like one row of people in front of us [you gotta be up close.] and then Holy Fuck came on at 8, they were FANTASTIC. Loved it.






[This dude had some funky moves and some crazy instruments.]






Their sound was amazing and a very moving performance, I would love to see them again sometime I loved their music.

So after their 30min set waited we waited another 30min for Phoenix...




So they opened with Lisztomania, and played all the tracks off of their new album Wolfgang Armadeus Phoenix not to mention some other favourites such as Run Run Run and If I Ever Feel Better, there were only 2 songs I didnt recognize... But of course they closed the show with their big hit 1901 with some crowd surfing as well, my pal grabbed his ass.

















[So I love this guy, Thomas Mars. Look at him hes just so awkward looking...He kept coming into the crowd like this and since we were right up front he was directly infront of me at one point, so I stood awkwardly with my camre infront of his face, but it was so awkward that I just paniced and stroked his face like all the other people around me haha, this time he was far enough to take a picture, but still close enough that I held his hand haha. He was amazing.]


[Straight up, this guy was pretty frightening. Creepiest stare Ive ever seen.]


[And this bro definetly looks a little like Amir from College Humor, but it may just be the glasses...]






Over all it was spectacular show, they were really great live I loved them. It was great to hear some of my favourites song played live. Next time theyre player anywhere near me I am so there.




And of course Erica came home with the set list, she gets all the swag.
Also I think we witnessed some guy get like his arm broken... or something over a drumstick while the other guy just bolted off after killing the other guy for it haha

And even after coming home at 1:30am and waking up for school at about 6:45am,I was like the most well rested I'd ever felt that Monday haha.
Also... my cameras a piece of crap. Cant wait til I get a new one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails